Tuesday 16 February 2010

"Gig" in Barnsley, 23.February 2010, 14:00-evening

Through the project The Rivers Movement in which I am involved as the "technologist", I got "sucked into" a project about ageism: at this event on 23.February 2010 which takes place in the Emergence Pod 1 in Barnsley, May Day Green, artists will create something related to their age. The main organiser, Brian Lewis (age 73), will create 73 paintings in 24 hours.

I have pledged to play 46 improvisations on my new MAESTRO-2 synthesizer computer... using 46 different instruments. Have set up 23 Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO) instrumental groups so far, and have added more Cakewalk TTS synthesizer tracks in Sonar. During setting this up I had a few crashes of Sonar while adding TTS tracks. I hope the final version will be stable. The hardware setup will include my Roland A30 Midi controller keyboard. Got a pair of wireless speakers from Maplin for a cable-free setup in the exposition room.

Hopefully I will be inspired enough on 23.February. I plan to start there at the exposition place around 14:00 and will go on into the evening. The improvisations will be saved and will later be recorded and distributed on a CD or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment