Tuesday 6 April 2010

Music Videos

Added a new page on the Virtual Philharmonic website: linking to my music videos. There are currently only two, which I made in January and February 2009.

One is "The Snow is Dancing" from Debussy's "Children's Corner". I played this music back in 1980/81, it was one of my favorite music works for piano, capturing the spirit of snow fall. Now I recorded this music with the "Steinway Piano" from the Garritan Personal Orchestra, version 1. I used several parallel tracks to be able to control velocity of different music themes independently. No live play there, all sequenced.

The other is "Internet Symphony Eroica" by Tan Dun. Is not really a symphony, as it is only a few minutes long... This music was in the "You Tube Symphony" which was performed in April 2009 with internet musicians. I had tried to create a purely synthesized version, no live play here.

If I have time, I would like to record more music videos, using some of my landscape videos as backdrop. But this is a very large effort...

No comments:

Post a Comment