Tuesday 6 July 2010

Mahler Symphony No 1 Completed!

Yesterday night I completed the first release of the 4th movement of Gustav Mahler's Symphony No 1. This movement has been the most challenging rendition I ever did: 731 bars, 70 pages, lots of trills and percussion rolls, many instruments in each group. It took me about 3 weeks to do this. No major technical hurdles were faced, except that the Garritan Personal Orchestra does not include the whole range of instrument notes which are required by Mahler's composition.

This release concludes the recording of the complete Symphony No 1 by Gustav Mahler. All the files are accessible on my VPO website. I have now also created MP3 versions of each of the 4 movements, to be more platform compatible - those MP3 files are longer than the WMA files, at a comparable quality.

I am glad that I managed to complete this symphony in time for Gustav Mahler's 150th birthday tomorrow - I will have a special page dedicated to this event.

A pity that I was not able to complete the "Blumine" movement, the long-lost 2nd movement... I intend to add this one at a later time.

Enjoy Mahler's grandious work!

No comments:

Post a Comment