Wednesday 27 May 2009

Uploading Debussy's "The Snow is Dancing"

Just tried to upload the MP3 file of Debussy's piano music "The Snow is Dancing" to TuneCore. Choose a very generic "artwork", had no time to work on any other more sophisticated version.

But there was "a problem with the MP3 file": the bitrate is too low. Turns out Tunecore wants MP3 with at least 300 bps. I thought that I had used a variable bitrate, but it seems that the file was at 128 bps.

Not sure if my MP3 encoder supports 300 bps...

Anyway, for iTunes the file must NOT be MP3 or any other compressed version, but pure Wave... that will take a while to upload.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to upload MP3s to tunecore.I have the same bitrate problem. What did you end up doing? Joe@joeclair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I uploaded the original wave file from which I had made the MP3 file. It worked ok, just took a while to upload.

    ReplyDelete