Thursday 11 June 2009

My Music on iTunes - thanks to WaTunes!

Just got an email from WaTunes, informing me that my two albums which I had recently uploaded to WaTunes, are now on iTunes. This is FANTASTIC! Just took about one week, not as expected until mid August. The music I have on TuneCore and had uploaded a few days earlier is still not on iTunes... which gives WaTunes clearly an edge. These two albums which are now in iTunes are: "Digital Mahler" with recordings of my three pieces from Gustav Mahler's Symphonies, and the "Romantic Suite". I will soon upload more music through WaTunes, since this appears to work great.

This afternoon, the CEO of WaTunes, Kevin Rivers, called me on my mobile phone and guided me for about 30 minutes through a pre-release of their new interface software, which allows artists to customise their music into releasing it onto different online music stores. It is a software that the user downloads and runs on their own computer, offline. It basically creates the meta data for each store, allowing the user to control all aspects which go into the store. There is even a version tag, so that different versions of the release can be managed. The principle is that the artists manage their uploads offline and create the proper set of files. These files are then uploaded to WaTunes. This upload will be integrated into the final version of this management software; right now the user would upload the files through ftp.

I will try this out for my next albums.

Way to go, Watunes!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Reinhold,

    Thank you for choosing our service. I hope that with my experiment that we'll be able to unveil a more robust content system that can tailor to your needs. :)

    Kevin Rivers
    CEO, WaTunes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Apple iTunes provides really best music for iPod and iPhone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reinhold Remember me? Ernesto Cortazar... I have a question.. with WaTunes you can upload music to the Classical Genre? I read TuneCore does not give that option. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Ernesto,
    nice to hear from you after such a long time. I recently have started to get my music going again online.

    Yes, Watunes has the classical category, whic is very nice. Unfortunately Tunecore does not... which causes great problems with my music classification. They want to have it sometime in the future, but in general Watunes is the better deal: is for free in the basic version, and VIP costs you $29.95 for unlimited songs.

    Many greetings,
    Reinhold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reinhold, thank you for the information. I will use WaTunes too, they seem to have a great service and hope they will get the new site and interface working soon for all of us.

    Thank you again, greetings my friend.

    Ernesto Cortazar

    ReplyDelete